The popularity of the essential oils is increasing every day. These concentrated extracts from the plants are being seen as an alternative treatment for many health conditions. Their effectiveness in reducing stress and anxiety has been well known. Many psychologists and doctors suggest the use of their aroma for reducing depression.
Many people use these oils to scent and freshen up their homes and other things such as laundry. Some oils like citronella mixed with vanillin can be used as a mosquito repellent. Some are even used to extend the life of food items in the industrial environment. There are as many as 100 pure essential oils in Australia available in the market. Before you dive into the market and buy one for you, it is important to know about the oils and their characteristics.
- Types of essential oils
The market is flooded with different types of essential oils. Even the internet has many articles floating around discussing and highlighting the usefulness and benefits of essential oils. However, you should not pick any essential oil without knowing its properties. Here are some of the major types of essential oils and their purpose of usage.
- Peppermint: It is a popular essential oil. Peppermint oil is highly useful in boosting energy. It is also helpful in improving digestion.
- Lavender: Lavender oil is widely used for its soothing and relaxing aroma. It is known to show positive results in reducing stress and depression.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood aroma has been talked about since ancient times. It is used to sharpen concentration and calm down the nerves.
- Bergamot: This oil also helps in reducing stress. Some of its properties make it a healer for many skin conditions. It effectively soothes conditions like eczema.
- Rose: Rose is one of the most admired aromas. People use it for boosting their mood. It also reduces anxiety in many cases.
- Chamomile: Chamomile oil is another aroma that has a relaxing effect. It is used in pain-relieving mixes and can improve mood.
- Ylang-ylang: This oil has many medicinal usages. It is known to help in headache, nausea and some skin conditions.
- Tea tree: It fights infection and improves immunity power.
- Jasmine: It is helpful in childbirth, libido and treating depression.
- Lemon: It is a multipurpose oil that assists in treating digestion, headache, mood, etc.
- How to choose the right essential oil?
Many companies are flooding the market with essential oil products. You should keep the following tips in mind to choose a pure and top-quality product.
- Purity: Look for the plant biotic names on the product. This is often an indication that the product only has an aromatic plant compound. Avoid products that have additives and synthetic oils.
- Quality: For high-quality essential oils pay attention to the extraction process. Oils that are extracted by distillation or mechanical cold compression are better than those extracted using chemical methods. These oils suffer minimum changes during the extraction process and provide maximum natural content.
- Reputation: A simple way to rest assured of the quality of the product is to choose the right brand. A brand that is reputed for offering high-quality products is more trustworthy than any other maker.